Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Was Supposed to be Awesome Things



So...
I had planned on doing something cool and exciting for the blog of awesomeness today because I kinda feel like I'm not doing anything that requires actual effort for it but I woke up this morning feeling like there's sand in my lungs and coughing up gunk. With that my brain doesn't even really want to function at this point and the only reason I made it through work was because of a bottle of Gaterade my roomie bought me. So for today I'm going to keep it short and simple so that I can go back to just continually sending my roomie words in Words With Friends while I try not to freeze to death and somehow magically get enough willpower to find something to eat in the disaster that is our kitchen.

And since I didn't do any actual work for today's post beside open the internet, I'll leave you with a poem I wrote a while back. I found it recently when I was looking through an old flash drive. And I just looked through the flash drive and the one I thought was there really isn't...

BUT!

I did manage to find a copy I sent to a friend through an email I don't use anymore.


I will lie here
Broken and bruised
Seeing all my fears
Watching them come true

My light is gone
I can see no more
But still am used as a pawn.
It is far too soon to say adieu.

A welcoming glance
From a lover of sorts
Never would I have a chance
To know and love you.

The feeling would come back
And my life would never be the same
I would slowly fade into the black
And you would be the one who knew.

I thought for a long time that I might add too it but now that I read it again, I kind of like how short it is.

And with that I bid you adieu.
-Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment