Monday, January 2, 2012

Ramblings


It really doesn't feel like it's 2012. Seems like it should still 2009 or 2010 and I'm walking down the halls of my high school trying to remember where my next class is instead of getting up and going to work everyday. I just had the realization a few moments ago that this is the first year I actually have had a pretty constant stream of income and therefore have to file taxes.

But that's not what I wanted to write about today. I started this blog to help myself. I haven't done anything to help myself in a long time. I find myself just sitting and hating myself and not doing anything to fix the problem. There's so many things running through my mind and I can't seem to do anything about them. I feel at all times like I'm a horrible person and it's slowly killing me inside and killing all the relationships I have. But I can't do it any longer. I have to take a stand for myself and become the person I know that I can be. I can't let myself become the person that will be created if I don't start doing things to rectify it now.

And so I started this blog. I am going to write everyday, even if it kills me. It might be about something stupid, like how I don't feel like I want to move or how coupons are trying to eat my soul. Or it might be about something I saw that day or about how I realized that it's okay for me to be a selfish person sometimes. And it will also chronicle my attempt at losing weight and how I'm trying to live a healthier life. Like today, I walked 2.5 miles to work and then walked home. I think that's pretty cool. And sometime after the 7th I'm going to the store to buy frozen fruit to make smoothies with and having those for breakfast instead of things that are loaded with sugar.

I don't particularly care if anyone reads this blog. And I think that's mainly because I'm doing this for myself. And that's all that really matters.

And so I leave you today with a picture. It's one that I took of Crater Lake when I was working there this summer. It's a beautiful place and a reminder that we need to pay attention to our surroundings and to find beauty in our everyday lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment